Sunday, August 12, 2012

6-month annibirthday

Monday August 6, 2012

This was supposed to be posted this last Monday. That didn't happen as you can see.

Hey all. I have finally taken time to make another blog post. Yeah, I'm running way behind on recipes. And I've got another series I haven't even got started yet. So much to do and so little time.

By the way, I hope you took note of the date up above as that is when I had planned on posting this. That date is a little special this year for me. It's been six monhs since my surgery. I had a visit with my cardiologist on Monday along with an Echo cardiogram of my heart.

My heart is healing, Praise the Lord! The Echo cardiogram shows that my heart is now pumping very well. There is a small area at the tip that is not pumping as vigorously as the rest of my heart but it will catch up in time.

The bypass has healed up nicely and I am no longer going to be taking Norvasc, which was a blood thinner that is used for a period of time after open heart surgery to allow the bypass to heal. It makes sure that the bypass arteries don't close up.

Dr. Robertson also reduced my Plavix from one pill a day to one pill every other day. All in all it was a good visit for me.

I thought I posted some pictures on Facebook of the storm damage we had a few weeks ago but now I don't see them. So I thought I'd post some here on the blog.

These first two were taken from the back door while the storm was going on. The table was blown over early during the storm. I kept expecting the grill to go over as well but it didn't.

These next two are some of the limbs that fell from the trees. In the top one, our cable line and clothes line have been knocked down.

Our very large Cottonwood suffered the most damage. The first picture shows the large limb that fell onto the shed. This is the limb that ended up falling on my head when Lisa and I were taking down. The middle and bottom picture show limbs from the Cottonwood in two other trees in the yard. The limbs from the Cottonwood were blown about 20 yards from the tree into these two other trees.

They said it was a "Land Hurricane". It was certainly something I'd never seen before and I'm not sure I'd want to see one again.

Well that's all I've got for now. See you next post :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your six month checkup was good. The storm damage looks pretty bad.