Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 24 & 25 - Recovery

March 5 & 6, 2012

Making a double post today for recovery news. Hopefully I get the menu back on track tomorrow. I've forgot to take pictures a couple. Whoopsies!

Monday Lisa and I went to Glenbrook Mall near our house so I could get some walking in. We did a little window shopping while we were at it. Also stopped at the Starbucks and got a Latte'. It was a nice and relaxing time.

Today I had my first "real" day of rehab. I got on three different machines, each working the lower part of my body. That's where my focus will be for the next few weeks until my breastbone is fully healed. That should be at about eight weeks after surgery. I did each machine for six minutes then moved to the next machine. Six minutes is where they started me at but it seemed very easy to go that long. They will move me up over time.

I then walked for six minutes around the track. Lisa and Kristin were able to walk with me. Kristin set the pace so I wouldn't go too slow. LOL. She set a pace that felt good and kept me moving.

Throughout my exercising the technicians would check me blood pressure. It didn't jump too high. I think the highest I heard was 120 over 60 or around there. I wasn't paying real close attention since they have televisions mounted on the wall. Haha. Of course, they have me on a heart monitor the entire time.

Cya until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment