Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 13 - Recovery & Menu

February 23, 2012

It was a pretty good day again today. Lisa and I had a chance to go for a walk in the afternoon since the temps are in the 40's.

My home care nurse visited this morning and said things are looking really good. She checks my vitals and then examines my incisions. Goes through a series of questions on how I'm feeling, my moods, any pains I'm having, etc. Good news so far from each visit. The pains I have and other things are all a normal part of the healing. Good to know but I'll be glad when I'm finally back to my old self. That's still several weeks out though. Healing of this time isn't something you can hurry along. It has it's own timetable.

Spring Hill is always excited when one of these nurses comes over. It gives her a chance to stick her nose on something new (blackberry, paperwork, etc.). Lisa and I tell her to back off and the nurses just say "Aw, isn't she cute". They aren't helping at all. Haha. I guess as long as they don't mind, we don't either. Lenny just lays on one of the beds and stares at them.

Tomorrow marks two weeks since I was released from the hospital. I go in for my first of several follow-up visits with doctors. Although tomorrow's is with Dr. Sowden's Nurse Practitioner. That's one step above a registered nurse from what I understand. Dr. Sowden was my heart surgeon. I also get to do some kind of treadmill test but it's not a stress test that people usually associate with a treadmill at the doctor's office. I think the results of this test will determine how much rehab I am going to need.

Anyway, enough of the recovery talk. On to the menu of the day!

Breakfast
  • Pancakes - Whole wheat made by Kristin :)
  • Fruit (Strawberries and Blackberries) Exceptional flavor!
  • Coffee



Lunch
  • Cheesy Ranch Turkey with pasta
  • Toast
  • "Cutie" Tangelo
  • Orange Pineapple Apple juice
  • Milk


Dinner
  • Turkey sandwich on wheat bun
  • Baked Red Potatoes (missing from photo, they were still in the oven)
  • Mixed fruit
  • Black Cherry juice
  • Coffee


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, and they are good. I wasn't sure at first if I would like them since they are whole wheat but they have good flavor.

    ReplyDelete