Monday, February 13, 2012

T+5 - Recovery Day 1 - The Menu

When I first thought about sharing my recovery I didn't really know what I would be sharing. This is really an adventure I'm on as I find out what recovery is like. What I think people may or may not be interested in reading. And what I think might be important to other people who are going through recovery as I am.

So I've decided that one post a day will be just about my menu. What I eat and drink. With maybe a little extra dialog as I proceed in my recovery.


Last night was my first night home for a meal. We had Chicken & Noodles with Mashed Potatoes for dinner. I also had my favorite drink Apple Juice and water. Kristin fixed the entire meal while Lisa ran to Walgreen's to pick up a couple more prescriptions I needed. Like I need more???

Today I had peanut butter Cherrio's with milk and a glass of juice (yes, apple) for breakfast. Lunch was Chicken Teriyaki stir fry, grapes, and juice. With a glass of water. Dinner tonight is Tilapia, rice, corn, fruit of some kind (not picked out yet), probably juice, and maybe a small cup of coffee.

Food. Tastes. Good. Undeniable fact. What I am finding is that the fresh fruits and vegetables taste best.

I have been told there are two more juices in the house the will try to become my favs. It's quite possible one will make it. We have Orange Pineapple and Black Cherry Grape in the pantry. The Black Cherry Grape will give Apple a run for the money, that's for sure. And Orange Pineapple? Yum!

Feb. 11, 2012

1 comment:

  1. I recently discovered peanutbutter cheerios. So good. Im just gonna post crap in these comments as it comes into my head. Just like normal. -Ar

    ReplyDelete