Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 14 - Recovery & Menu

February 24, 2012

I had my treadmill test today at Fort Wayne Cardiologists. The way this test works is you walk as long as you can and it establishes your starting level for rehab. I was able to walk four minutes. Since there is no pass/fail, I guess four minutes is as good as 10 minutes or one minute. My rehab will start next week on Wednesday. I will be interesting to see what they have me do. The nurse said initially it will be all lower body exercising.

I also saw the nurse practitioner. She checked my incisions and said they looked good. Also answered several questions we had like where did the pain in my back come from and when would it go away. Answer: Probably from surgery and over time. Also being contributed to by sleeping in a recliner.

All in all it was a good doctor visit. Next week I visit the heart surgeon office and have my first day of rehab. Exciting week!

I've noticed my chest incision has been itchy the last couple days. For the most part I am able to ignore it but occasionally I have to growl/groan when it gets too much. That helps me go back to ignoring it. Haha.

Menu time!

Breakfast
  • Honey bunches of Oats with a banana sliced on top
  • Orange juice
  • Milk



Lunch
  • Turkey Cavatini
  • Coffee
We ate at the hospital cafeteria since I had that appointment at FW Cardiology. I forgot to take a picture but the cavatini was really good. And for $3 I got a plateful. I was full!

Dinner
  • Tomato wrap with Chicken Salad
  • Apple slices
  • Pickle spear
  • Vegetable Soup
  • Milk


The wrap, apple slices, and pickle I brought home from the hospital cafeteria as a to-go order. I had this wrap when I was in the hospital and it is really good. Decided I needed half of one for dinner and the other half for lunch on Saturday. I got so full I didn't finish the half I had on my plate. Didn't eat the pickle either. But it should all still be good for lunch on Sat.

1 comment:

  1. Before long you'll be running marathons. Also good to see you drinking coffee. :P
    -Ar

    ReplyDelete