February 14, 2012 daily menu
- Honey Bunches of Oats - Fruit blend. This was really good. It had my two favorite fruits, strawberries and blueberries :)
- Orange Juice
- Glass of Milk
- Angel hair pasta with Marinara sauce. This had diced squash in it which really gave it some flavor
- Clementine Orange
- Strawberry jello - Made by Kristin :)
- Lemon Lime soda
- Chicken nuggets - baked not fried
- Green beans
- Coffee - Straight up Regular. woot!
- The beans and nuggets were flavored with Mrs. Dash. We also had honey bar-b-q dipping sauce.
I received an email from my cousin Alan asking about the sweet potato fries and how to make them. I decided to go ahead and share that recipe here for anyone else who is interested.
Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Slice sweet potato into french fry strips cutting lengthwise along potato. You can cut the sweet potato in half first if you wish to have shorter fries.
- Place cut sweet potatoes onto a baking pan / cookie sheet.
- Place into oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip potato fries over and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until as crisp you want them.
- Season with your favorite seasoning. I recommend Mrs. Dash, chili powder, or any other low sodium seasoning.