Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 6 - Recovery

Ack! I've got glue on me! Haha.

So one of the really cool things surgeons are starting to do these days is to use glue to close up incisions. I don't have a single external suture or stable on either my arm or chest incisions. It's all glue. 

The advantage to this that I see right away is there isn't a single point on either of my incisions that was open enough to allow any bacteria under the skin. Which means your body is less likely to get an infection during recovery. I still have some internal stitches but those will dissolve over time and not be an issue.



The photo on the left was taken five days after surgery. The photo on the right was taken ten days after surgery. You can see in the right photo that some peeling is beginning to occur.

As the incision heals the glue will begin to peel similar to a reptile molting his skin. There's no timetable on how long it will take for all of the glue to peel away. It all depends on my body and how quickly the incisions heal. My arm is healing faster than my chest at the moment which is why I used that in the photos.

I'll post pictures of our new "pet" tomorrow since the pictures are still on my main camera. That's it for today.

1 comment:

  1. thats so ballin. I wish they had that glue wheni ripped my knee up. -ar

    ReplyDelete