Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 16 - Recovery & Menu

February 26, 2012

Yup, I missed another day. Don't even ask how because I'm not real sure. I thought posting the next morning was a good idea but now I'm not so sure. By the time I get up the morning is half over.

Yes, I sleep in every single day. That feels so weird for a person who is usually up before 7 o'clock. And earlier on weekdays when I was working. And it's not even on purpose which is the weird part. My body just takes over and says "We are getting more sleep. I'm healing". Haha, smart body.

So if I'm up by 8 AM I'll have time to get my post done and if it's almost 9 I might not. The nurse and dietician usually get up a little after 9 o'clock.

The last couple days have been pretty good. I've got in some walking, mostly by going to the stores with Lisa. We ate at the hospital last night. I can't think of many places where a family of 3 can eat for less than $15 but we can at Parkview :)

It seems when I'm in the den, I always have at least one dog in here with me. It's like they take turns making sure I'm okay. Usually it's Georgia but since she sleeps with Kristin at night she isn't up as early as me. So in the mornings one of the Greyhounds normally comes in and naps. This morning it's Lenny (racing name "I'm Gold Ya'll"). You can see Charlie our rabbit behind Lenny. Funny thing about our dogs and the rabbit, the dogs just ignore him even when he's hopping back and forth in his cage. Hehe.

Yesterdays menu

Breakfast
  • Eggs
  • Toast
  • Cantaloupe
  • Coffee
  • Orange juice


Lunch
  • Angel Hair pasta with Marinara sauce
  • Mixed fruit
  • Milk


Dinner
  • Chicken Parmesan over Spaghetti pasta
  • Green Beans
  • Sierra Mist soda

1 comment:

  1. I think the dogs can sense that something is different around there.

    ReplyDelete